Tuesday, December 28, 2010

A Day in My Shoes

It's been some time since my last post, and I just realized that I have never given a break down of my daily routine. Nothing is ever really consistent here, but here's some insight into a typical day for me.

5:45am: I wake up to the sound of the radio blaring and the yelling of the abakozi (they work with the cows at my school), promptly turn over and go back to sleep
6:15am: wake up to hear some of my students singing, I smile to myself...and then go back to sleep
6:30 am: my alarm goes off...I hit snooze
6:45am: my alarm goes off again...I contemplate getting up
6:50am: I finally get out of bed, fill up a bucket, and start boiling water to bathe (the water is freezing here in the morning)
7-7:30am: take a bucket bath, get dressed, eat breakfast
7:30am: leave the house, greet some of the students, teachers, and staff, make plans for after school activities, head to work
7:30-8:30: travel to work. My job isn't that far if you were driving, but public transport by my house takes for..e...ver.
8:30-9am: greet everyone at the office, chat with my direct line supervisor about any updates
9am-11am: staff meeting
11am: TEA BREAK!!
11-12: work...of some sort
12:30-1:30: lunch
2-5: work...of some sort
5-6pm: Depending on what day of the week it is, I usually rush back home to work with the GLOW Club or the Create a Smile Club
6-7pm: Prepare and eat dinner
7:15pm: brush teeth, wash face, prep for bed
7:30-9pm: listen to music, read a book, watch something on my laptop (depending on if I have electricity) until I fall asleep

No comments:

Post a Comment